I guess it's sorts of useful, so I answered this questionnaire. Hope you'll like it.
You can ask whatever I didn't write down there about painting.
1) What's your penname?
2) How did you get this name?
It sounds similar to my real Chinese name.
3) Your computer system information?
Dell Inspiron 1720 (notebook), Windows Vista, CPU: 2.20GHz Duo Core, RAM: 2G
4) What software you use most often?
5) Do you use mouse, or tablet?
Tablet, Wacom Intuos 3, 9x12
6) The color you use most often is?
Blue these days
7) What area of the pictures do you put most effort into?
Probably face. (It depends on the theme of the picture though.)
8) How long does it take you do draw a picture?
More than 20 hours for an A4 sized picture.
9) Do you keep your rough drafts?
Yes, kept as a hidden layer in the file.
10) What kind of font do you use most often?
Now I seldom use typing fonts in a painting.
For various kinds of fonts I recommend this site:www.dafont.com/
11) What's the dpi when you scan?
I don't scan linedrawings any more. All lines are now painted digitally.
My canvas dpi setting is 300-350.
12) Do you do anything else when you're drawing pictures?
Listening to music, chatting, sometimes watching online broadcasts.
13) How many pictures do you draw in a month?
It depends. This month I had done 5.
14) What kind of paper do you draw your pictures on?
15) What kind of paper do you use for sketches and drafts?
Still digital canvas
16) How long does it take to ink something?
Now I don't trace the lines before coloring. It took about 3 hours before.
17) Do you do doujinshi or original manga?
I only do doujin paintings, not doujin or original manga...
18) Do you like doujinshi? Is it fun making it?
Yes it's fun participating one and it's pleasant reading others' doujinshi
19) Ever submitted anything to a magazine?
Yes, some for a short story magazine.
20) Did it get published?
21) Who are your favorite artists?
There are so many that I can't name all of them here.
For those who really want to know almost all my favorate artists, you can check out my pixiv favorites here.www.pixiv.net/bookmark.php?typ…
22) What's your favourite Anime/Manga?
A lot. The ones that I had done fan arts are my favorites.
23) Favourite Character?
A lot. Anyone cool/cute/reasonable are my favorites. For example Hei (Darker than Black), Celty (DRRR!!), Mio (K-ON!).
24) Any artists that you'd like to draw like?
I'd like to change the question into "any sort of paintings you'd like to draw like".
I'd like to draw paintings which give the viewers a feeling of getting into another world.
25) Do you buy books a lot?
Yes for reference books. (I love Dorling Kindersley's books)
26) Did you ever buy a book to inspire you to draw?
Yes, books of Art Nouveau and fantasy.
27) Any video games you enjoy?
The Elder scrolls IV Oblivion & Assassin's Creed (and a lot more).
28) Any favourite characters from video games?
Altair~~~(I guess I'll paint some fan arts for him)
29) Do you have a favourite writer?
Er...Those who write interesting stories are my favorites. Eg. Dan Brown.
30) Any books you really enjoy?
Dan Brown's books with Robert Langdon as the protagonist, Tanigawa Nagaru's Suzumiya Haruhi series, Nasu Kinoko's Kara no Kyoukai, and more.
31) Do you write fanfics?
32) Any music that you often listen to while drawing?
OST's from movies and anime. Sometimes classical music.
33) Any recommended songs?
No specific songs (I listen to music without lirics more...)
34) Any websites that you totally admire?www.artrenewal.org/
35) Do you have any sites you want to go everyday?
Pixiv & twitter...
36) What is your dream site like?
Sites full of fantastic paintings.
37) Do you like your own art?
Yes. Who do you expect to love your own art if yourself don't?
38) What do you enjoy watching on TV?
Documentaries & News
39) Favourite celebrity?
40) Favourite color?
Grey (a magic color that can fit into any other color)
41) Favourite food?
42) Favourite drink?
Grounded coffee, red tea, dragon well green tea （produced in my hometown）
43) Any places you like to shop at?
Any supermarket that can provide a wide range of goods.
44) Can you cook?
Yes. I'm surviving on my own cooking.
45) Any programs you use often for email? Any electronic pets?
No electronic pets
46) Are you a computer expert?
Perhaps at the 75% of a normal distribution?
47) Want to become a professional artist?
No. I'm content with part-time jobs.
48) Any other jobs you're interested in, besides an illustrator?
49) Any other specialities besides drawing?
50) Do you like to watch movies?
Yes a lot.
51) What's your favourite movie?
Lord of the Rings
52) Have you ever entered art contests?
53) When did you start drawing seriously?
From entering college
54) Anything that you often use as a reference when you draw?
Great artists' paintings, photos from photo databases.
for photo references I recommend GettyImage.
55) Have you met any of your fans online?
56) You have a lot of pen pals?
Yes if I count my QQ contacts as pen pals.
57) You have a lot of friends that draws?
58) What time do you usually go online?
After starting my computer
59) Do you like to go to chat rooms?
Seldoms go to one.
60) Do you have your own computer?
61) What would you say to the person you admire?
Perhaps I would say nothing but continue admiring instead.
62) Do you think of them when you draw?
No...(But think about what the customers want when drawing commissions)
63) Have you drawn bad because you think too much?
Eh sometimes I couldn't satisfy the customer because I tried to put too many elements into a single picture.
64) Do you have any friends who are professionals?
65) Where do you often hang out?
At home, or the West Lake in my hometown...
66) Do you have any artists that you don't like too much?
Eh...Hard to say. Some I admire for their arts, not their personalities.
67) Situations in which you really don't like being online?
Eg. the situation that I'm in a desperate rush finishing one painting.
68) Situations in which you hate when it comes to having websites?
The inefficiency of censoring & registering system...
69) Something that makes you really glad that the internet exists?
Meeting lots of good artists online; having lots of resources online (although some of which not quite legal...)
70) What about things that make you NOT glad that the internet exists?
71) What's the first picture you've ever shown to the public online?
Perhaps some doodlings on Huoshen.net in 2003
72) Do you still have that?
73) Has your drawing style changed a lot?
74) How does it usually change?
Change to some type that I'm glad to view as a viewer.
75) Have you experienced being stagnant before?
Not really experiencing prolonged ones.
76) How did you escape from it?
I always revive after viewing other artists' paintings.
77) What happens when you are being stagnant?
Don't want to paint, don't want to do works, watching lots of movies or manga
78) Any artists that have influenced you a lot?
Adolphe William Bouguereau
79) What made you start drawing (seriously)?
One of my middle school classmates loves drawing. I'm influenced by her. (She's now in Japan debuting as a BL mangaka, congratulations for her dream coming true)
80) What made you want to get a website?
To show my works and communicate with artists.
81) Where did your site name come from?
It's just named as a castle, because I love fantasy.
82) What do you think about net manners?
It's much the same as real-life manners. My preference is being informative & always polite.
83) Have you ever been spammed?
No. (not including those auto-spams)
84) Ever thought about quitting your webpage?
Not at all. It's better let it be there even if I don't update anymore.
85) If so, why?
86) How much KBs for every picture on your website?
87) When creating your site, do you use a program or pure html?
Program. (Frontpage->sharePoint designer)
88) Do you have good eyesite?
89) If you can get any artist's autograph, who's would you get?
Eh I don't have this habit of getting one's autograph
90) What would you say to that artist when he/she autographs for you?
91) Do you have fans of your art?
Yes I'm very glad they like my paintings.
92) Do you like to draw on oekaki bbs?
A lot in the old days. It's a convenient tool to experiment new techniques.
93) Are you good at art in school?
Yes, from kindergarten time...
94) Did you take art lesson other than from school?
A year of traditional Chinese painting when I was very young.
95) Have you drawn a manga?
96) What's your favourite phrase/quote?
Eh can not remember one
97) Do you think your personality is different externally and internally?
No, they are generally the same.
98) What's your goal now?
Painting pictures that can be loved.
99) What do you have to say to yourself?
I must live up to my potential.
100) Lastly, what do you have to say to everyone?
I hope this questionnaire is informative...Thanks for reading.